Best Blogging Platforms
Blogging is an art. A blog helps people in a lot of ways. From shopping to travel communication, blogs define versatility by providing information from every aspect. A blogger puts you at ease by giving you the best out of the things you want. To become a blogger, you need to start right. If you are starting in the field, it is better to choose a blogging platform for uploading your content to get more reach. To help you decide where to start, below is the list of top 10 blogging platforms.
- Wix: Wix is the best free blogging platform for beginners. It allows you to customize any web page with its track and drop editor. It provides a variety of free templates for you to use, along with features like social tools, likes, comments, hashtags, and more.
- WordPress.org: Wordpress.org offers custom plugins and free themes to make your blog fancy. It is perfect for those who want to fully customize their blog, monitor traffic, and freely monetize their website. WordPress.org may be difficult to use for beginners, but one can always learn.
- Weebly: Weebly performs at the same level as Wix, only with fewer customization options. However, if you are new to blogging, Weebly is a great platform to start. It provides customizable layouts, free themes, and other sharing features.
- WordPress.com: Wordpress.com offers basic block services for free. It requires no setup, and if you want your domain, you can get the paid version. WordPress.com offers mobile-optimized themes, advanced analytics, backups, and security.
- Squarespace: Squarespace is the perfect blogging website if you want to turn blogging into a career. Squarespace provides powerful SEO tools that can help you gain more traffic and has stunning designs to create fancy blog posts.
- Blogger: It is one of the best and oldest free blogging platforms owned by Google. Blogger has easy to use templates, secure storage, and monetization options that use setup using your Google account.
- Medium: If you want to get a little personal and share your thoughts with people, or promote your work more, then Medium is the perfect place for you. One salient feature of Medium is the WYSIWYG that allows you to preview your post.
- Joomla: You can use Joomla to build any kind of website or blog. Joomla offers a lot of templates and extensions to fully customize the design of your blog. It is free, but you have to pay for your domain name.
- Gator: It is a drag and drop blogging platform that you can use to create a web, a blog, or even an online store. The setup is easy, and everything from performance security and backups gets handled by hot HostGator, the hosting company.
- Instagram: Instagram is perfect if you want to create a blog on something visual like lifestyle or art. It can be a photo or a mini video. However, you need to keep track of the algorithm to make your content reach out to more people.
Things to consider before starting blogging
As cheerful as it sounds, blogging requires a lot of hard work and time. Before starting your blogging career, you may want to run into a few points that will help you build a solid foundation for your future. Here are some tips useful if you are just starting as a blogger:
- Know your area: Your blog should have the essence of what you know. Write about something you know a great deal of, and it will help get better and engaging content. After all, writing about something you love is the best, isn't it? So, choose a niche and starting building content on it.
- Start small: It is always advisable to start small. Most people start on a big note and later realize that it is not the right field for them. So, to make sure you do not go there, start with free blogging platforms, and walk your way through.
- Content is key: Not only the niche but also the content is equally important. You must consistently provide the audience with interesting and well-written content. It will help your content reach more people and make your blogs famous.
- Be you: What you write is a part of how you feel. So, your blog must be original and genuine. Do not follow what fellow bloggers are writing. Create your own content, and people will love it more.
- Get social: Promoting your work is the best way to get attention. You can promote your work on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. You can also learn basic SEO to drive traffic to your blog.
The tips mentioned above will give your blog a better outlook and will provide you a better understanding of what the work of a blogger looks like. Follow the tips and start your blogging career the right way.