Best Calorie Counting Apps
There are many ways to lose weight and maintain it. But the best way is to keep track of the calories you consume in a day. Keeping a log of calories helps you lose weight in the long run. It’s a fact that you should burn more calories than you consume each day. Calorie counting seems like a bit of a task, but with so many calorie counting apps available, it's not as hard as you think. Tracking your meals with these apps will help you to select what to eat and how much to eat. To help you find the calorie tracker, here are the top 10 calorie counting apps.
- MyFitnessPal: It is one of the most popular calorie counters that track your weight and calculates how many calories you can consume daily. It also has a well-designed food diary and exercises log. It breaks down the number of carbs, protein, and fats you consume through a pie chart.
- Lose It: It is a health tracker that comes with a food diary and exercises log. Lose It provides a personalized calorie intake chart based on your weight, height, age, and goals. It has a tab called "challenges" that lets you participate in dietary challenges.
- MyNetDiary: It takes an input of the food you eat daily and tracks your calories. It creates a calorie budget based on your age, gender, height, and weight. You can put your exercise routine and get a detailed calorie analysis.
- Fitbit: Along with a food calorie tracker, it also has a step counter, heart rate, and an exercise tracker. It has a barcode scanner that keeps track of your daily intake and presents your weekly/monthly progress.
- FatSecret: FitSecret allows you to take a picture of your meal or food item and get your calorie intake. It offers a monthly summary of your food intake and total averages. You can pick from a variety of foods, menus, food brands, and more.
- Cornometer: Cornometer lets you have control over your diet, exercise, and weight. It also offers you customized personality options if you are pregnant or lactating. You can serve different sizes, follow a specific diet, and track micronutrients.
- Lifesum: Lifesum lets you figure out healthy eating options, get meal plans, and count nutrients in different foods. It offers a three-week weight loss program, including meal plans and recipes.
- ControlMyWeight: ControlMyWeight is a popular and free-to-use app. It uses simple information like age, height, and weight to calculate your BMI and helps you with weight loss. You can set reminders for target carbs, fats, and calories.
- FitBit: FitBit is an amazing app to lose weight in which you can search for 350,000 different food recipes. It comes with a barcode scanner for logging calories in a packaged food. The best part is that you can count calories in a particular meal.
- Calorie Count: Calorie Count works as a personal coach for you. You can customize your account according to your requirements, and you will get an exercise log and food diary.
Tips to maintain your weight
- Increase your metabolism: You can increase your metabolism by building lean muscle. Muscle building keeps your weight maintained for a long and also makes you stronger.
- Have filing foods: Consume foods that make you fuller for longer. Foods that are high in fiber like fruits, whole grains, and protein-rich foods keep you full and satisfy your hunger for a long time.
- No emotional eating: Emotional eating is the main reason for gaining weight. Try to resist the temptation to binge on food. Rather have a happy, limited amount of whatever you eat. It will reduce both food temptation and weight.