Coding Apps for Kids
Coding is an essential aspect of general knowledge. It not only helps you gain technical experience as a buyer but also enables you to use that experience as a professional. The world has reached technological heights. In a world where technology has become so important, kids have started learning coding at an early age. And that has given birth to a lot of coding apps for kids where they can quickly learn the basics of the same. But going for the right one among so many apps can be a hefty task. So here is a rundown of the top 10 Coding Apps for kids for better understanding.
- Codes park Academy: It follows a gaming structure where the kids have to help ‘Foos’, the game character, to accomplish some tasks. It needs logical thinking to solve those tasks where they learn the fundamentals of coding concepts.
- Kodable: This learning platform uses interactive games and visual instructions to help the kids learn to code. It offers a free trial and is ideal for iOS devices. Kids between 4-10 years can learn the basics of coding from this platform.
- ScrathJr: This learning app is free to use and ideal for kids between the age of 5-7 years. They can program their own interactive stories and games. In this process, they learn to design projects, express themselves, and solve issues through the computer. It supports both Android and iOS devices.
- Light Bot: This is a paid app and ideal for Android and iOS. It has 50 levels of interactive exercises in total that are ideal for all ages. Kids can start learning at zero levels. It helps them learn the programming logic quickly.
- mBlock: It is a STEAM programming software that is focused on teaching kids to code. It supports block-based and text-based programming. The platform is designed based on Arduino code and Scratch 3.0. It allows kids to learn coding by developing games.
- Code karts: It is a fun gaming and coding app that helps kids learn by completing tasks. It has ten free levels and 69 additional paid levels. It follows a fun learning style ideal for age four and above.
- Lego Boost: It helps kids to create robots and control their functions through the app. There are visual instructions to help them understand the process. It is free to use with paid robot sets and is ideal for 7+ children.
- Nancy Drew: In this app, kids use coding blocks to move robots and solve mysteries. It is paid, though it's worth it and exciting.
- Box Island: It develops programming lessons through engaging games. Kids can quickly learn to code. With its 3D graphics and immersive game world, kids can engage in learning effectively.
How is coding important for kids?
- Improves logical thinking: Coding not only improves the technological knowledge of your kid but also helps them enhance their logical thinking. It is a second language that helps them understand better.
- Fosters Creativity: By experimenting, kids' thinking is no more limited. Their brains and ideas start to stretch, hence making them think out of the box.
- Gain math skills: Coding starts with interpreting a problem to find its solution. It helps children to solve mathematical problems too. They begin to think logically to find answers to technical issues.
- Improved writing skills- Learning to code helps children to learn and organize thoughts. It helps them improve their writing skills over time.
- They become problem solvers: Coding helps children understand that it is normal not to have a solution to a problem even if they try all the ways. It helps them think without worrying about failure.