Best Apps for Diabetes
People living with diabetes have to take care of your health more than others. Whether it's type 1 or type 2, or gestational diabetes, if you take care of your blood sugar levels and other health aspects, you can keep your diabetes in check. There are many methods to control your diabetes; one of them is the use of apps that track your food and glucose intake. You can use them to get information about your health and learn about your condition. You can also use the advice given on the apps to maintain your health. Below are the top diabetes tracking apps that are easy to use even for beginners.
- MySugr: It has a customizable dashboard interface and the ability to sync with your glucose monitor. It comes with features like reminders, reports to send to your doctor, and a picture-based guide to teaching you how to use the app.
- Glucose Buddy: This app is for people with type 1 and types 2 diabetes that lets you log your blood glucose level, carb intake medication, and other results. It also reminds you to take your medicines and makes your reports.
- Fooducate: Fooducate helps you find out which foods are best for keeping your blood sugar in check. You can scan search for foods and grade their calorie quality on the app. You can get information like sugar content, hidden ingredients, and more.
- Medical Id: You can use best diabetes tracker apps in case of a medical emergency. It lets you create a medical profile containing the information needed to treat you in an emergency. You can also access this information from the lock screen.
- OneDrop: It lets you easily access your blood sugar levels and manage it. It syncs with other diabetes and health apps and lets you connect with certified health coaches. It also provides regular health starts reports so that you can observe your progress.
- BlueStar: It is an FDA approved app that provides real-time coaching from Certified Diabetes Educators. You can receive personalized guidance according to your blood glucose, medications, current health, and lifestyle. It is suitable for people with type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
- Dario Glucose Monitoring System: It has an easy to use interface that lets you track your blood sugars, food intake, and activity. You can automatically upload your test results and track your progress. It also sends messages to your emergency contacts if your blood sugar level fluctuates.
- Diabetes:M: It comes with features like test time reminders, a nutritional log, a tracking system, and a blood sugar tracker. It has an insulin bolus calculator and powerful tools to control your glucose intake.
- MyFitnessPal: It is another popular app to track your food intake. It provides accurate nutrition information about what you consume. It is also an exercise tracker that logs your physical activity.
- Best Diabetes: It is a beginner-friendly app that has plenty of information regarding diabetes. From foods to avoid to ways to increase your physical activity, you can learn all about your condition and cure.
Lifestyle changes to control your diabetes
- Eat healthily: Eating healthy helps you control your blood sugar level. Focus on what you should eat as a diabetes patient. Include lots of vegetable fruits and whole grains and limit foods that are high in sugar and fat.
- Exercise: Indulge in some kind of physical activity like walking, running, or riding a bike. Exercising helps you control your diabetes by bringing down your blood sugar.
- Regular checkups: Go for regular check-ups and keep track of your cholesterol, blood pressure, and average blood sugar.
- Stress management: Stress leads to increased blood sugar levels. So, make sure to manage your stress through meditation or yoga.