TAX FILING PLATFORMS
Do you ever wonder how schools, roads, parks, and other public utility services are built? Or who is in the authority of paying for and maintaining roads and other infrastructure? Yes, you are right, the general public pays taxes for all the services that the government provides them! Taxes are an important way in which the government can gather money from its citizens to pay for things that the people require, like schools, roads, malls, and roads. Over the years, different forms of money were invented, and the collection of taxes continued at a wider scale. The use of taxes has been around for decades, dating back to the first human civilizations. In ancient Mesopotamia, taxes were paid in the form of animals or goods since general money had not yet been invented.
Tax is the money that people must give to the government. Taxes are used to pay to the government employees who in turn serve the public such as the military, police, education, and health care, and to maintain or build things like roads, bridges, malls.
Types of Tax
Direct tax – this tax is directly paid to the government e.g., income tax.
Indirect tax – this tax is levied on services and products. Indirect taxes are collected by the person who provides or sells services or products. E.g., GST and service tax.
- Tax filing platforms: If you work for a single employer then you shall not qualify for many deductions, therefore, you will have a simple taxation structure, in such a situation, you can take advantage of multiple free online tax preparation software programs for filing your tax return. So here we are providing you with the top tax filling platforms which will be very useful for you.
- H&R Block Online Free Edition: It is one of the United States’ best-acknowledged tax preparation firms. It provides Thousands of tax prep outlets scattered in the United States, along with a powerful, user-friendly online tax prep option for -home filers. And, if sometimes you get stuck severely then you can always visit an H&R Block office nearby you.
- TurboTax Federal Free Filing Option: TurboTax not just includes most of the features and functionality of paid options but also provides the best/fastest refund guarantee, support via live chat, and your choice of e-filing. Also, TurboTax’s tax prep interface is super simple to use and has uncomplicated questions that guide you through every step of the filing process, which helps in decreasing errors.
- TaxSlayer.com Free File Federal: Founded in the 1960s, the company employs around 200 individuals and files over 10 million tax returns each year. Users just start by entering their tax situation, their income, and the software gets to work finding the best deductions. The company offers a 100% accuracy guarantee and reimburses its customers for any federal or state penalties and interest charges.
- Credit Karma Tax: Founded in 2007 to provide consumers with free credit scores. Credit Karma started providing free online tax filing in 2016. Credit Karma challenges to provide more filing options than its competitors’ free versions which include filing for mortgage interest, property tax, and student loan interest deductions.
- TaxAct Free Edition: This tax filing platform was established in 1998 to offer reasonably digital and download tax preparation services to individuals and small-scale businesses. It provides full customer satisfaction by offering provides unlimited online chat support through email, phone and chat and that to on a free basis.
- Jackson Hewitt: Jackson Hewitt stands out in its Tax Pro from Home service. Simply the users upload their tax documents online and one of the company’s tax professionals takes over, questions and queries are resolved online or over the phone, giving customers the experience of working with a professional without visiting the actual office.
Advantages of filing tax
If you start filling tax, then you will be able to grab the below-mentioned advantages.
ITR filing will help you when you have to apply for any loan i.e., vehicle loan (2-wheeler or 4-wheeler), House Loan, etc. Banks require a copy of tax returns
Income Tax Return serves as proof of your Income and Address.
Most embassies require you to furnish copies of your tax returns for the past couple of years at the time of the visa application and other processes.