A busy schedule, lack of sleep, and non-stop work can stress the hell out of you. That's why you need some time how to calm your mind and let it breathe. If you are feeling anxious lately, either due to work or due to some other thing, meditation is the best way to cure your anxiety. It doesn't require much time of your day. Just 10 minutes of your schedule will calm both your mind and body. There are many best meditation apps to start with if you are a beginner. Some of those are listed below that anyone from a beginner to intermediate can use.
- Calm: It provides you specific soothing sessions based on what you are going through. Be it anxiety, stress, need for a break, habits, or anything else, you can choose a session. There are walking meditations, body scans, master classes, and also sleep stories to calm you down.
- Headspace: It provides guided courses and quick meditation sessions combined with delightful illustrations. The app offers sleep music, soundscapes, SOS meditations for emergencies, and much more. It also helps you get better sleep.
- The Mindfulness App: It is great for beginners and comes with a lot of options like a 5-day guided practice and introduction to mindfulness. You get timed guided or silent meditations from 3-30 minutes. It also has meditation options, reminders, and statistics to track your sessions.
- Insight Timer: It has more than 45000 meditation sessions that you can filter according to your need, time, and benefit. It has experienced mindfulness teachers and a tracker that allows you to track your progress.
- Aura: It is an excellent app for those who don't have much time in a day. It has daily meditations, life coaching, unlimited sounds, stories, and music. You can personalize your music, track your mood to review how you feel, and set reminders.
- Sattva: It focuses more on the ancient Vedic principles and history of the origin of meditation. The app has 6-minute authentic guided meditations, sacred sounds, chants, mantras, and music by Sanskrit scholars.
- 10% Happier: It is great for beginners or for those who don't believe that meditation works. It has expert coaches to give you the basics of meditation in a fun way. They even respond to your questions within a day.
- Buddhify: This app helps you to cope with anxiety and stress, with less sleep and difficult emotions. It has multiple teachers to choose from and mindful exercises you can practice anywhere. It comes with 3-40 minutes sessions that are great for both beginners and experienced.
- Inscape: It is an extension of a meditation studio in NYC. It helps you reduce stress and anxiety and get better sleep. Inscape comes with guided meditations, custom sleep sessions, sounds, and breathing exercises.
- Smiling Mind: This app has 10-minute daily meditations divided into categories by age. It also provides specific programs to indulge in groups, whether you are in the classroom or at work.
Ways to relieve stress and anxiety
- Meditate: A few minutes out of your day can make a lot of difference. Meditation can alter the brain's neural pathways and gives you the strength to deal with stress.
- Take deep breaths: Breathing slowly and deep calms your mind. When you take deep breaths, it counters the effect of stress by slowing the heart rate and lowering blood pressure.
- Talk: Whenever you feel stressed anxious, talking to someone may lighten your mood. Find that one person who listens to what you say and speaks your heart out.
- Exercise: Exercising is a great way to relieve stress and mental pressure. You can go for a quick walk, a run, or do some other activity like yoga to activate your mind and body. Learn more about top medidation apps can help you relax, feel less anxious and sleep better.