Summer Schools for Kids
Summer schools or camps give your kid a new way of learning and having fun. A month full of adventure, learning new skills, all while making a bonfire in the night and having a fun conversation with your friends, makes the perfect summer school. There are many summer schools worldwide that give children a chance to learn skills like horse riding, hiking, archery, swimming, and many more. Below are the top 10 summer camps around the world that offer a different way of learning new skills.
- Windsor Mountain Summer Camp: It is an international overnight summer camp for children from the United States and countries around the globe. Both boys and girls can enroll in it, and a total of 260 students per session can participate.
- Kieve Summer Camp: It is a 26 days camp available for boys from 2nd to 4th grade. It includes activities like rope scores, lacrosse, baseball, woodworking, swimming, soccer, tennis, and many more.
- Camp CARE: It is a special camp for cancer survivor kids to experience camping and meet new friends at the same time. It is a week-long summer school which is free of charge. Fundraisers and donations help pay for the campers to enjoy their camp CARE experience.
- Raquette Lake Camp: It is a 7-week summer school that includes state of the art lodgings, uniforms, chefs, and much more. Students from the age of 6 to 15 can enjoy a wide range of activities such as gymnastics, ice hockey, horseback riding, baseball, sailing, etc.
- Action Quest: This summer school offers a variety of opportunities for kids from 12 to 18 years in Australia. Students can enjoy a wide range of activities, including scuba diving, marine biology, windsurfing, paddleboarding, and snorkeling.
- Village Camps: It is a European summer camp that has sites in Austria, Portugal, Switzerland, and other parts of Europe. It includes activities like rock climbing, abseiling, and canoe training. Kids from several parts of the world can also join this summer school if they are familiar with the French language.
- Teen Camp Holland: It is a 2-week English summer school program where kids from all over the world participate to improve their English in a fun way. The kids learn about grammar, vocabulary, communication, and also participate in sports and activities.
- Lake Byrn Mawr Camp: It is a seven-week summer school for girls from the age of 7 to 15 years. This Pennsylvania summer school has a variety of activity areas like an adventure course, cooking studio, swimming pools, soccer fields, gymnastics dance center, etc.
- That’s Mandarin: This summer school is perfect for kids from 12-17 years who want to learn Mandarin along with soaking in the cultural heritage of China. It has calligraphy lessons, cartoon making, field trips to local museums, and a special trip to the Great Wall of China.
- Stagedoor Manor Performing Arts: These three weeks of summer school focuses on theatre divided into rehearsals, classes, and recreation. Students experience amenities like an outdoor pool, open mic nights, dance parties, and outdoor movies.
Benefits of summer school programs
- Develop a new interest: Kids develop a lot of unique interests through summer school programs like designing, archery, horse riding, and many more.
- New friends: A summer school program lets a kid meet new friends and peers, giving him a different environment from a school where he meets the same classmates every year.
- Self-dependence: A summer school helps kids become independent and mature. Living all on their own in the camp, kids develop a new sense of responsibility.
- Confidence builds up: A summer school gives your kid the ability to perform in a different environment and helps him develop his confidence.