Best POS Systems
If you are wondering what POS is, POS refers to the point of sale system. With the ever growing and advanced technology, there are new trends and gadgets with great features in the market, point of sale system is one of them. Point of Sale system comes up with number of great features such as inventory recording & reordering, keeping a track of sales, effective employee management tools, customer retention and many more such features. These systems are really reliable and fee of errors and can lead you to great success and saving your time if you are in retail. POS system are easy to use and let you manage and analyse all the functioning of your stock and if you want to face the healthy competition these POS systems have become an essential part of the business. So, if you are looking for some great OS system for your retail based business, then don’t forget to check out customized list which we have created on the basis of our research and experience and it mentions top ten best POS systems.
- Shopify: this one is best known for integrating e-commerce and also offers 24x7 customer support and costs around $29 per month.
- Lightspeed: this one offers 24x7 customer support and is best for the complex inventory’s management and costs around $69 per month.
- Vend: best known for the third-party integration this one costs around $99 per month and also offers 24x7 customer support.
- ShopKeep: with a really great mobile app this one costs around $49 per month and also has an effective customer management mechanism and support.
- Revel POS: best known for the customer relationship management, it costs around $99 per month and offers 24x7 customer support.
- Clover POS: known for online business and market this cost around $4.95 per month and has a great app with great features.
- Upserve: this one is best known for its use in food industry and costs around $59 per month.
- Square POS: this is free to use software with a certain amount of transaction cost and is best all-round retail POS system.
- TouchBistro: this one is best used by food and restaurant business and is known for its great compatibility and the costs starts from $105 per month.
- Talech: with a cost of around $29 per month, this one is a great tool for cheap and intuitive plans.
How to choose your POS?
With a number of POS systems already available in the market, the question arises is how to select the best POS system for your business. Here are a few things which should be kept in mind before choosing your POS system and moving ahead with the ones after going through all these features and things:
- Features: firstly, check out and go through all the features the POS system is offering and then carefully select the one with the most useful features and the least costs. Also, for different type of business there are different type of POS systems so grab the one according to your business and features you require.
- Cost: also the POS system should be cost efficient i.e. it should offer more of the services at low costs and you should check out and compare various POS systems for the costs and the prices it covers and the number of features it offers in a specific cost.
- Integration: now you should also keep in mind the integration whether the POS system lets you integrate with the other applications and software and as integration make it really easy for you to get connected with other sites and content you should always go for a system which allows various integration and connections.
- Easy to use: most importantly the POS system should not be complex and should be like the one which can be used easily and does not require extra training or understanding for the use and can be easily understood and used.
- Customer service: before selecting your POS system you should not miss out on other customers reviews and you should check out everything about the system whether it has satisfactory performance rate or not and you should also check out the customer services it offers to its users and how readily they respond to the problems and issues.
- Analytics & metrics: also make sure to check out what type of Analytics it is offering and what type of metrics can be checked through this software. Don’t forget to prioritize your list and then cross check it with the ones the software is offering and then proceed with buying one for yourself.
Why do you need POS?
For the people who want to know what are the advantages of using POS system and why is it essential in today’s world for a retail business to have POS system, here we have mentioned reasons as to why POS should be used:
- Saves time: firstly, POS saves a lot of time with its great analysing and recording tools and makes your work really efficient enough. All the work, which was earlier done manually and took long time, can be done within no time or less time with the help of POS system.
- Run your business from anywhere: with POS system, you can run your business from anywhere, you just need a good internet connection and you will be good to go and can manage it from anywhere around the world.
- Data and reports: it offers customer retention data and much more and also helps in analysing the data and preparing the reports.
- Improved inventory management: with a great POS system it becomes really easy to keep a check on your inventory and manage it effectively.
- Employee management: employee management has become really easy with the tools and the features the system has to offer you and you don’t have to worry about it at all.
- Customer loyalty: it also provides reports about customer retention and lets you know about the extent of customer loyalty in your business.