Best Website Builders
Website builders are online tools on a budget for individuals and small businesses to start a website without hiring a developer. Whether you are an artist, photographer, writer, blogger, or consultant, you can build your website with the help of many website builders available nowadays. You don't need to learn to code or hire an expensive web developer to start your own website, you can do it even if you are a total beginner. However, finding the best website builder can be a task, especially if you are a beginner. It depends on the needs of the owner. There are so many choices of website builders ranging from a simple website to a more complex business website. Based on your needs, you can choose from the top 10 website builders mentioned below.
- Wix: It is the most popular free website builder with over 110 million websites built till now. It is a beginner-friendly website builder that lets you customize your website with extensive features and templates. It comes with a simple drag and drop feature, and more than 500 designers made website templates. Wix offers its own easy to use logo maker tool and also provides a custom domain name.
- Squarespace: Squarespace is an easy-to-use drag and drop website builder that has hundreds of award-winning website templates. It keeps adding new templates and designs regularly. It comes with a fully functional eCommerce store module and app integration with popular platforms. It also has a blogging feature, which is quite helpful for bloggers.
- HostGator: It is a fully hosted platform that has more than 200 professional website templates and simple customization options to build your website. It also offers analytical tools so you can check the performance of a website. You can drag and drop images, videos, text, maps, photos, galleries, and more. It also gives you access to a built-in stock photo library to add photos to your website.
- Weebly: Weebly is a popular website builder that has an easy-to-use interface with the website editor, unlimited storage, and many other features. All the designs are fully editable using Weebly's life page editor. It is a great option for those starting an e-commerce business for blogging. It comes with built-in features for contact forms, photo galleries, sliders, etc.
- Constant Contact Builder: It is an AI-powered website builder that has auto-generated website designs. You can access more than 500,000 professional images for free. It lets you create a website blog, logo, or even an online store for free. It comes with a 60-day free trial, including all the features.
- Duda: It is a simple website builder focused on designs that have a user-friendly interface and drag and drop function. There are over 90 templates to choose from, including industries like business and lifestyle. It offers mobile site customization, data analytics, and multi-language support.
- WordPress: It is a popular website builder among bloggers and writers that provides every feature needed for blogging. Bloggers who don't want to spend a lot of time on website design can go for WordPress. It is an open-source website builder that gives you complete control over your website.
- GoDaddy: GoDaddy lets you have your custom domain names and web hosting services. It is easy to use with responsive layouts and free marketing tools. It comes with many ready to use blocks that you can drag and drop to build different layouts. You can choose from Godaddy's integrated photo library or upload your photos. You can also work on your website using a mobile phone or tablet.
- Strikingly: It is the best for one-page layouts. It was impressive responsive designs and lets you build up to three sites. It also gives you an option to add an online store or a blog. The pro plan can handle up to 20 pages, which is enough for small websites.
- DreamHost: DreamHost is a mobile-friendly and affordable website builder that offers more than 200 website designs and a thousand more from third parties. It is the most popular and best website builder software on the web. You can expand the features of your sides with plugins of third parties. Also, it offers an excellent blogging module and online store module.
How to find your favorite website builder?
Even after having a look at the top 10 website builders, you must still have some questions regarding which website builder to choose for your project. Here are pointers that you can consider before deciding on a best website builders.
- Free Trial: Whatever website builder you choose, check whether it’s offering a free trial. Most website builders offer free plans or come with a money-back guarantee policy.
- Price: Compare the prices of different website builders to get the most at the best prices. Check all the plans, details, and reviews about pricing and extra costs. It is a little confusing, but if you explore a bit, you will find a great deal.
- Support: Before you get a paid version of any website builder, make sure to check the support that the website builder is offering. Most website builders provide support through phone, chat, forums, and more. It will help you if you face any kind of problem in the future.
- Features: Different website builders provide different features. You have to determine what your primary goal is to build a website. Based on that, you will be able to prioritize the features and tools. However, there are some common features you should look for, like a blogging system, SEO tools, image galleries, password-protected pages, mobile-friendly designs, and a shopping store.
- Domain Name: Look for the website builders that allow you to purchase your custom domain name or provide you a name with their own domain. A custom domain name promotes your website faster and generates more traffic.
- Time: Focus on how much time you want to invest in building your website. There are different website builders ranging from easy to use features to the more advanced and comprehensive interface. If you are a beginner and want something simple, you should use a online website builder that has an easy user interface. If you have experience building a website, then you can go for the advanced versions.