Best Yoga Apps
Yoga is an excellent way to cope with stress, calm your body and soul, and most of all, keep you in shape. Doing some simple moves for a few minutes can be heavenly. If you are a beginner at doing yoga, there are so many apps you can use to start your journey. Even if you have been doing yoga for a while, the advanced moves in these apps will benefit you. Below are the top 10 picks of the best yoga apps you can use to start or continue your yoga journey.
- Daily Yoga: It has several class plans and asanas, which are suitable for both beginners and advanced yogis. There are step-by-step instructions to guide you through every moment and also lessons on mastering challenging poses. Daily Yoga has more than 50 workout plans that it regularly updates and has a global community for motivation.
- Down Dog: Down Dog gives you customized classes based on your level. It has over 60000 different configurations and music to keep you entertained. It also features a three-day introduction to yoga and deep stretches.
- Glo: It is one of the top rank yoga apps on the iOS store. It offers more than 4000 classes led by experienced yogis. Apart from yoga, it also offers meditation sessions. You can customize your preferences and filter according to time, style, level, and duration.
- The Underbelly: Jessamyn Stanley, yoga teacher, and body-positive advocate, created this app to spread body positivity among the users. The sessions provide peace of both mind and body. The routines have been designed for a variety of different body types to make each person confident in his or her body.
- Find What Feels Good: YouTube and yoga guru, Adriene, has created this app that features all of her feel-good yoga content. If you get a subscription, you can get over a hundred hours of yoga and meditation class content. You can also download the videos and watch them later.
- Asana Rebel: Asana Rebel is the perfect app if you have weight loss goals in your mind. It is suitable for both men and women and offers cardio, core strength builder, and high-intensity workout classes. You can even listen to sleep music and meditate after your workout.
- Yoga Workouts by Daily Burn: This app lets you customize your weekly yoga plans that you can download and use whenever you want. It lets you set your goals, provides a one-on-one trainer, offers daily stretching videos, and more. It is free to download and available for subscription on iOS.
- Gaia: Gaia focuses on combining mindfulness and spirituality with yoga practice. The library includes over 8000 workouts and original programs to offer a mind-body healing practice. It also has quick yoga sessions of five minutes that you can do in your busy schedule.
- Yoga for Beginners: As the name suggests, this app is perfect if you are new to yoga. It offers customized and beginner-friendly yoga workouts that aren't too challenging. It also comes with voice guidance to guide you through every move.
- Alo Moves: This app offers over 1500 yoga classes and also adds new videos every week. It offers yoga, meditation, sound baths, and other workouts like Pilates and HIIT. This app is available for both iOS and Android devices.
Benefits of doing yoga
- Stress management: Yoga is known to beat your stress and relax your mind. When used with other methods such as meditation, yoga can be very helpful to manage your stress.
- Less inflammation: Doing yoga can lead to a reduction of inflammation. It also helps protect against many chronic diseases and can help improve your heart health and overall quality of life.
- Better Sleep: Lack of sleep leads to obesity, high blood pressure, depression, and many other disorders. Incorporating yoga into your daily life can promote better sleep. And if you sleep better, you feel well-rested and de-stressed.
- Flexibility and breathing: Yoga improves your flexibility and also your breathing. The specific poses of yoga challenge to push your limits and therefore become more flexible. Moreover, pranayama exercises help you breathe slowly and deeply.
- Body Toning: Last but not the least, yoga tones your body and makes it leaner. It helps you lose weight by targeting the fat of your body. It stretches your body and makes it leaner and flexible. You can find the best yoga fitness apps or top yoga apps for better flexibility and toning up.